Friday, December 14, 2007

The Christmas Spirit


There is nothing like getting a tree to really help the season come alive. We cut down our tree last weekend and I have been loving it. I love turning out all the lights except those on the tree and just relaxing. It is one of those things that I really look forward to.
So, this year for Christmas, we are spending most of it with Wayne's family. We are really looking forward to hanging out with his siblings, especially those that live away from us. We will be spending a couple of days out at the coast all together so that should be a lot of fun.
We are going to have a get together with my family as a few of them that don't live in Salem are going to visit for a few days. I am looking forward to that as well as we don't get together very often. There is nothing that compares to family, and I especially miss family around the holidays. This year is so different with Mom being gone on her mission.....I am sure the holidays will be hard for her as well. But one of my sisters is actually going to Brazil and will be there for Christmas. I am sure they are both looking forward to that. Being a senior missionary sure has some nice perks!!!
We are so thankful for our friends and family and just want to wish all of you the happiest of holidays. We love you and Merry Christmas.

10 comments:

Shelby said...

so cute! I am excited to hear the news about you . . . can't wait to hear more and if/when you find out if it's a boy/girl. Congrats! We're not sure yet if we are going to make it up for the holidays. We'd like to but we'll see depending on the baby, weather, etc. It would be great to see you. Jackson is a doll . . . enjoy your time together. Miss you guys.

Carolyn said...

Yay, an update!! I love Jackson's big cheese smiles...he's too cute!

purplebleeder said...

Shauna Brown! AHHH I can't believe I found your blog, and that you have one! Your little Jackson is so so cute! Holy Cow. And you are having another one?! I am so happy for you! It looks like you are doing really well - that is awesome. Merry Christmas!

Rebekah Hunter (and Kimo says hi too!)

Karen Kunzler said...

What cute pictures! Also congratulations on your new little one. Stacia told me. I am so happy for you guys. I guess you will have your hands full soon. Merry Christmas!!!

hawsfam said...

shauna!
I found your blog because laura stringham found me and I looked up her blog blah blah blah, I found you! yea! I'm excited to hear you are doing well in Oregon. Trevor and I are back in Salt Lake (after a 15 month trip to Northern California). We have two kids, Grace and Noah, and are expecting our third in July.
I should tell Lindsay about your blog, too. He and his wife Sarah live in Philadelphia with 2 kids, but they are moving to New Mexico in the summer when he graduates from dental school. Come visit my blog if you get a chance...http://hawsdefinition.blogspot.com
love,
alisa (christensen) haws

Kari said...

Yay! So happy for you guys and the new baby. Love the pictures and we're looking forward to New Years!

Erickson Family said...

AAAAHHHHH!! You are pregs again?! That is SO COOL! I finally joined the blogspot "craze". If you haven't added it already, here's the link. =D Hope you had a great Christmas!! (less than 6 mos and counting till we move back!!) www.willericksonfamily.blogspot.com

Will & Cheyenne said...

Hey you!! It's Cheyenne!!! Your family is gorgeous!! So good to take a peek into your life! Have an amazing year! Here's our page...www.hayes-herd.blogspot.com

Loves!
Cheyenne

Crystal said...

hey guys! thanks so much for inviting us to your new years party. too bad we couldn't make it! :( maybe next year. hope it was fun! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

we should get together sometime.

A. Schoonie said...

Hi Shauna...hope that you had a great Christmas/New Year! Congratulations on the news that you are expecting!! Love the tree pictures!