Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Adventures.....

So this past week, we took the kids camping for the first time. I was so impressed by how well they did. Logan slept like a log and Jackson woke up in the middle of the night and was taken back that he was sleeping next to his parents (and obviously in new surroundings) so he wanted to explore. But finally his eyes closed and we had a good night. The See-doo worked great (thank you Wayne) and everyone had a blast. We went with our friends, David and Sara Myers and then my sister and family came up for a day. I wish we had pictures to share but my nephew thought it would be fun to throw our camera into the water so right now, we are without one. Sad huh. Hopefully Costco will uphold their great return policy and give us another one. We will see.
Other news this week. My Mom has a release date!!! We are so excited. She comes home on the 12th of September. We are so proud of her and all that she has done. What an amazing woman to serve a mission by herself in a foreign country. I mean, come on now. What a lady.
What else. Oh yea. On Sunday the fire alarm went off at church. I was in the RS room and didn't think much of it (because we couldn't smell smoke of course!!) For the next 5 minutes it kept going off and on. Didn't think much of it. Then Logan had a poopy diaper so I go out in the hall and there is Wayne holding Jackson with the Stake Presidency surrounding them. You guessed it. Jackson was the one who pulled the alarm. Our son set off the alarm in the arms of a fireman.

9 comments:

wenselgang said...

Hello Shauna! It was great to hear from you! Your family looks wonderful. Your boys are so cute. It looks like life is just awesome! Thanks for your comments on my blog. We did have some fun on those sea-doos, but I can't recall the movie that you were talking about. Obviously it wasn't that bad because I can't remember it at all! It was good to hear from you, have a wonderful day....Em

Emily said...

I'm so excited for Ann to come home. You'll have to keep us posted on when she gives here home coming talk.

A. Schoonie said...

The fire alarm story made me laugh! That is too funny (although I am sure you did not think it was so funny at the time)!
Bummer about the camera...I accidentally put ours in the washing machine. Water and a camera...Not a good combination.
Your mom truly is amazing. She has been so brave and accomplished so much. She is a great example.
Ashlie

Dan and Hilary said...

You're Mom is amazing! I am very happy for you and your family to be getting her back. It is always an adventure in Oregon!:)

john papworth said...

like father like son, way to go jackson! where did you guys go camping, sounds so fun.

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Sounds like the camping trip was so fun! I love the fire alarm story! I'm sure you're so excited to have your mom home!

Momma Ann said...

Shauna,
Loved the fire alarm story--but bumbed about the camera. What little darling pulled that off? I have an idea . . .

See you SOON, Mom

Crystal said...

that's awesome! lol. way to go, jackson!!

and you are brave to take the kids camping. something we still haven't done yet. hmmm...maybe next year?? i'm afraid.

MOMD! said...

PRICELESS! The fire alarm sotry is the BEST I have heard for a long long time. I am still laughing! Thanks for sharing! xoxox